Instruction to New Members
Welcome to the Elegant Mind Club! To become an active member promptly, this page documents the essential introduction and instruction. Please read carefully and follow all the steps, one by one.
 Weekly Schedule and Group Meetings in Summer 2016
- Make sure to check out our Weekly Schedule.
- The joint group meeting in Winter 2017 sessions is scheduled at 1 -2 pm on Tuesday.
- Our training lab is open at noon - 6 pm on Mon - Thu.
- For new students, Prof. Arisaka is giving a lecture on at announce days.
- Please make sure to fill out and update your weekly schedule at Weekly Schedule.
- Besides Prof. Arisaka, our group is coordinated by the Members of the Executive Board. Please introduce yourself to them.
- For administrative questions, our assistant, Nickie Ng can help you, (such as purchase orders).
- Please fill up New Member Sign Up to keep a record of your information in the group.
- If you are taking Physics 89 (honors seminars), you do not have to fill out.
- Once you fill it out, please contact Prof. Arisaka.
- Our Labs are located at Knudsen 4-173, 4-162, B-171, A-154 , and A166.
- Knudsen 4-173 is the Home of Elegant Mind Club, also for new members to learn basic operation of microscope and data analysis.
- Knudsen A-154 is for biological Sample Preparations.
- Knudsen 4-162 is for behavior experiments.
- Knudsen A-166 is for 2D worm tracking experiments.
- Knudsen B-171 is for develpiing advanced microscopes.
- Please make sure to keep the door locked when you leave, if you are the last person.
- Please do not take anything out, including small tools. If any tool is missing, please notify it to the Board Members.
- Please make the room clean before you start any actions, and clean again when you leave the lab.
- Before you start to work in the Lab, your are required to complete the UCLA Lab Safety training.
- If you have not done so, please go to the web of UCLA Lab Safety Training.
- The one you must take is called "Laboratory Safety Fundamental Concepts"
- Please use the Lab Room = Knudsen B-171, Extension Phone No. = 5-1397.
- This is the very first project (#T0) posted at "Technical Projects".